We are proud to announce the new TypoGento release has just been published!
The following features have been added:
- it is now possible to have special pages for cart, checkout, account etc. and it is possible to configure the links to these pages using TypoScript.
- you are now able to deactivate Magento stores. You can decide which storeviews of your Magento instance are to be accessable directly through Magento. You can also choose to disable those views only for a certain kind of agent - for example an iPhone/iPod version might still be available through Magento.
- Redirects are now supported which is very important for payment providers like PayPal.
- The routing process has been changed to reenable the Magento Style controller rewriting possibilities.
- The base url security check of Magento has been changed to consider TYPO3 URLs as secure.
- Earlier versions needed to have TYPO3 database available to write users into TYPO3 database. You can now choose whether you want Magento users to be written into TYPO3 or not.
- TYPO3 can now use the Magento titles, next versions will also include meta information.
We have also fixed some major and minor bugs. All those improvements have been made possible because of the chance to test the application in production environments. Up to now there are two live sites that use TypoGento - for example http://www.biestmilch.com/store - we’re planning to have blog posts about those live sites soon and of course there will be more of them. The documentation will be updated within the next days.
We consider this to be the last beta release of TypoGento. We have two more sites coming within the next couple of weeks (including the one I mentioned at Meet Magento in Leipzig). After that we feel every case should have been tested. If you have your own TypoGento running and face major or minor bugs, feel free to register to our bug tracker and report your problems.
Thanks for all your support and motivation. You encourage us to make TypoGento the best integration solution for TYPO3 and Magento!